Spring Cleaning Saturday!!

Finally!! Spring is here!!! We enjoyed this beautiful Saturday and soaked up all the sun :) We first started on yard work. Hailey loves this task and has her own gardening gloves. Hailey and I finally planted all of our herbs in some pots. We planted oregano, basil, parsley, and dill. This is my first herb garden and I'm not sure how they will turn out. Maybe Hailey has a green thumb that will help them along. We will plant our strawberries, cucumber, and green onions once the weather looks more promising.

As I finished some yard work Jeremy and Hailey had lots of fun playing with bubbles.

Our next project was one we have been putting off for a long time. Spring cleaning! Anyone who has been to our house this winter would probably have seen our disaster junk disposal back porch. I would have shown a before and after picture but I'm not that brave lol. It looks pretty nice now and so much larger. I was beginning to feel like one of those hoarder people! It's all gone now though with one huge trip Jeremy made to the Goodwill. Thank you Jeremy for helping!! And thank you Hailey for being such a good girl playing in the backyard and in her sandbox so quietly while Mommy and Daddy were working!

Well that was our spring cleaning saturday!! We hope everyone had a fun and productive day also!!! Happy Spring!!

1 comment:

Beth's Blog said...

Cassie, that looks like so much fun! (planting an herb garden) did you use seeds or the plants? I would like to start a garden this year, but I haven't done any gardening since I was Van's age with my Mom. I have been looking online this morning about gardening but I think I am going to go to the library and find some books for someone that doesn't know anything!